OUT OF THE ROLLING OCEAN: A Sea Shanty

From the composer of Glee Club Smarties™ comes a sea shanty for mixed choir (SATB), men's choir (TBB) and women's choir (SSA/opt. Two-Part) with piano accompaniment. "Out of the Rolling Ocean" will lull whomever hears it like a siren's song in the night. Adapted from the poem, "Out of the Rolling Ocean the Crowd" by Walt Whitman. Written and composed by Jeffrey Eric Funk.

OUT OF THE ROLLING OCEAN
Out of the rolling ocean
The crowd came a voice
Whispering "I love you
Before long I must go"

I've come a long, long way
Merely to look on you
I could not go till I found you

Behold the ocean and the land
Hear the music of the storm
No one can separate us

Now we have met
We have look'd
We are safe
Return in peace to the ocean
I too am part of the sea


*Lyric sheet provided by author/publisher and is used by permission



KINDLE Amazon.com, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT, JP, IN, CA, BR, MX, AU
PAPERBACK Amazon.com, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT, IN